The Construction IT Alliance (CitA) BIM Gathering 2019 will be hosted outside Dublin for the first time at The Galmont Hotel & Spa in Galway on September 26. Entitled ‘Delivering Better Outcomes for Irish Construction’, the event will feature stakeholders from Ireland and abroad sharing their research, case studies and experiences of working with building information modelling (BIM).
The CitA states that some of the specific objectives of the conference are to:
- retain a focus on the National BIM Council’s (NBC) mission to foster engagement between Government, industry and academia by demonstrating the specific value of BIM;
- provide clarity to the industry on the guiding principles, benefits and challenges of BIM;
- raise awareness of the importance of education and training to deliver a consistent message on how best to implement BIM;
- promote the importance of collaborative and co-operative procurement and contractual frameworks that work with BIM;
- learn how the alignment of the virtues of BIM with lean methodologies and practice can lead to improved productivity; and,
- learn how BIM can support the management of information needed in the design and construction of sustainable buildings.